1. God loves Walmart.
2. Jesus shops at Walmart.
3. Walmart employees are so bored in these slow economic times they’re pulling funny tricks.
Of course, noticing that the picture is upside down on the receipt, one can have other interpretations:
1. It’s the devil’s work!
2. The devil really does want to be like God, so he tries to look like Jesus.
More secular interpretations might be:
1. Heaven is trying to tell Peter Jackson the dwarves in The Hobbit should have REAL beards.
2. Jesus is really small, because that’s the only way he could have wiped his face with this receipt and left a full portrait.
3. Joe Nickell can reproduce this portrait using a rubbing technique.
4. Atheists don’t want to shop at overly religious Walmart.
5. Someone won the real lotto: they got Jesus!