Basically here are resources for compare and contrast.:
1. Essential Evangelical Parallel Bible: Two formal translations (NKJV, ESV), a middle translation (NLT 2) and a paraphrase (Message) in one big volume.
2. Today’s Parallel Bible: Two formal translations (KJV, NASB), two dynamic (NIV, NLT)
3. Evangelical Parallel New Testament: Out of print, but the motherlode of recent translations: NKJV, ESV, HCSB, NIV, TNIV, NLT, NCV, Message
New Testament Textual Criticism:
2. New Testament Text and Translation Commentary: Philip Comfort’s one stop eight hundred page discussion of why English translations of the NT often differ.
2. ESV with Apocrypha: A reader’s edition of the popular conservative formal translation with the same apocrypha as the NRSV.
3. New English Translation of the Septuagint (NETS): Recent translation of the Greek OT, which includes most of the standard apocrypha, thus doubly useful for apocryphal study and examining the OT translation the apostles used.